The following must be completed by April 28, 2017:
The application submission time frame for the Practical Nursing Program is February 1 – April 29, 2016. All parts of the application must be completed and turned in with the required documentation. No incomplete or partial applications will be considered. Upon receipt of your completed application, you will be scheduled to take the Test for Academic Skills Test or TEAS. There is a $55 to take this test. Click here to download the Practical Nursing Application Packet.
- Complete General Admission Requirements for Coahoma Community College. Click here to download the CCC General Admission Application Or Click here to submit the CCC general admission application Online.
- Documentation of an ACT. ACT requires a minimum composite of 17 with a 14 in both reading and math.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Complete a per-entrance exam.
- Must have a minimum 2.0 grade point average for all college courses taken.
- Signed nursing program performance standards for admission and progression.
- Signed drug policy understanding.
- Once accepted into the program, the following documents are required to be submitted to Health Sciences:
- Physical examination according to specified form included in the acceptance letter.
- Evidence of two (2) MMRs
- Varicella (chickenpox) immunization completed or started or varicella (chick- pox) blood titer. Declaration of having varicella (chickenpox) will not be accepted.
- Hepatitis B (3) vaccinations, or hepatitis titer (positive laboratory result), or declination of Hepatitis B (PN form must be used to decline Hepatitis).
- Current adult tetanus shot within 10 years.
- Two step TB skin test. (Step 1: The student will receive a TB skin test, and it will be read. Step 2: As directed by the clinic, the student will return to receive another TB skin test, and it will be read).
- CPR certification from American Heart Association for health care providers which is current for 2 years. This must be maintained until graduation.
- Copy of picture ID.
- Criminal background check will be scheduled by Health Sciences.
- Drug screen will be scheduled by Health Sciences.
Students admitted to the Practical Nursing Program must maintain a “C” or an 80 course average in all nursing courses and pass all clinical requirements to progress in the program.