Minimum Admission Requirements
- Completion of all prerequisite courses by the end of the spring semester immediately prior to admission to nursing program courses.
- Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.50 on pre-requisite courses. A minimum grade of “C” is required in all science courses. Anatomy and Physiology I & II Lec and Lab and Microbiology Lec and Lab must not be more than 5 years old at the time of admission (end of spring semester of year seeking admission).
- ACT composite score of at least 18
- Official high school transcript or GED
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges or universities attended
- Must have an unencumbered license to practice as a Licensed Practical Nurse in Mississippi
- Must have 6 to 9 months of continuous nursing practice documented by employer
- Record of current immunizations and CPR certification according to program requirements
- Must meet criminal Background Check requirement
Sample Associate Degree Nursing Rating Scale for Admission 2015